California School Information Services (CSIS) Mission
The mission of the CSIS Program is to:
- Build the capacity of local education agencies (LEAs) to implement and maintain comparable, effective and efficient pupil information systems
- Enable the accurate and timely exchange of student data
- Assist local education agencies in meeting State and Federal reporting requirements
Consistent with Kern County Superintendent of Schools' core values, CSIS is:
- Focused on supporting local education agencies’ use of data to inform decision making and improve student achievement
- Dedicated to excellent service
- Committed to collaboration as a key to success
- Steadfast in our support for our employees, our most valuable asset, and their efforts to continually improve our processes
- Committed to fiscal integrity, including efficient, effective use of state and local resources
How We Do Our Work
CSIS has developed and follows procedures in alignment with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), version 3 and Agile software development methodology. CSIS uses continual service improvement practices to evaluate services and processes on an ongoing basis to ensure we are meeting the needs of our clients. We work collaboratively with the California Department of Education and other government agencies to assist in the development and maintenance of statewide education data systems that meet the needs of stakeholders, including state and local policy makers; district and site staff; parents; preschool, postsecondary and workforce partners; and the public.
How We Are Governed
CSIS is a statewide program administered by the Fiscal Crisis & Management Assistance Team (FCMAT) under the authority of the Kern County Superintendent of Schools. FCMAT reports to a board of directors comprised of one county superintendent and one district superintendent from each of the State's 11 service regions. The board also includes a representative from the California Department of Education and two representatives from the California Community Colleges.
For More Information
The Quick Links on this page provide more information about FCMAT/CSIS. Use these links to find directions to our Sacramento office; job opportunities and how to apply to join our talented staff; a description of our organizational structure along with information about our senior management staff; and key program documents such as the Glossary of Terms for FCMAT/CSIS.